Below is a list of historical Terms & Conditions, Practices, and Pricing Structure for VoiceOver Services as of 2009.
Commercials (RM15-RM30 per second)
**BASED ON DURATION OF ENTIRE COMMERCIAL**
(Applies to all relevant mediums including, but not limited to:Radio/TV/Web/Viral/Cinema…etc.)
- Any commercial which duration is less than 20 seconds, can be charged based on a 20 second minimum.
- Any commercial which duration is more than 20 seconds, can be charged based on a per second basis.
- Additional Roles – additional 50% charged based on original duration cost for each additional role.
- Recycled Commercials (Ads re-used without changes after 12months from recording date) – 100% surcharge for additional 12 months.
- Buy Out (ads with unlimited lifetime usage license) – up to 10 times of duration costs.
- Commercial produced for domestic use as well as to be aired in foreign countries – Full payment per version per country.
- Commercial produced for use on multiple mediums (Radio/TV/Web…etc) – 100% surcharge per medium.
- Generic commercial duplicated on different versions for same product – Full payment on generic version, and full payment for every subsequent version based on specified duration of the commercial.
- Cut-downs – Full payment according to specified duration of “cut-down” commercial.
- Options & Variations – No charge for first option, thereafter RM100 per subsequent option or variation.
**Voiceover usage license is valid for up to 1 year from the date which the recording was completed, and is only valid for one country/territory unless stated otherwise. **
INTERNET COMMERCIALS ON SITES OTHER THAN CLIENTS (SPOTIFY, YOUTUBE PRE-ROLLS ETC)
Digital Commercials are defined as spots that are used to advertise a product or service that are run on websites or platforms other than the client’s own. For example, a 15 second recording that plays on YouTube, Spotify, Dailymotion …etc. before the requested content begins.
Such commercials typically follow Commercial Rates and share the same Terms & Conditions.
INTERNET USE / EXPLAINER & WHITEBOARD VIDEOS / CLIENT PUBLIC WEB USE
This category is for videos that will only reside on a maximum of 3 sites and will NOT be run as ‘commercials’ or ‘pre-rolls’ prior to other content running such as commercials that play on YouTube, Spotify, Dailymotion …etc. before requested content begins.
Such videos/content typically follows Corporate Videos/ Launches/Marketing Videos/Documentaries rates and share the same Terms & Conditions.
Corporate Videos/ Launches/Marketing Videos/Documentaries
|i.||1st – 5th minute||RM500-RM1,000|
|ii.||6th-30th minute||RM50-RM100 per subsequent minute|
|iii.||31st – 60th minute||RM30-RM60 per subsequent minute|
|iv.||60th minute and Above||RM20-40 per subsequent minute|
|i.||1st to 3rd minute||RM500-RM1,000 (Flat Rate)|
|ii.||More than 3minutes||RM50-RM100 per additional minute|
Voice Prompts/ Messages On Hold/ Voice On Hold
- RM300-500 for 1st page, RM150-300 for subsequent pages. Page formats based on criterias below.
a. For ENG/BM/Others – Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12. (Max 40 lines per page)
b. For Mandarin/Cantonese – Font: 楷体/仿宋体, Size: 13
- RM300-500 (flat rate) regardless of duration
- Re-recordings charged at RM300 or 50% of original cost.
- RM300-RM2,000 per episode – subject to increase depending on numbers of characters played and frequency of occurrence
- RM100-RM200 flat fee for commercials
- Documentaries, Infomercials, Corporate Videos: Extra 25% surcharge based on cost of original recording.
- 50% of the payment according to specified cost of the original commercial
- For long-format (documentaries/infomercials/corporate videos/animations)
a. Less than 7 lines – RM150-RM300 (Flat rate)
b. 7 lines or more – Charges as shown in (i)
- 50% of the payment according to the specified cost of the original commercial
Discounts & Package Buys
- Should assignments cover a large number of recordings or run into a long term basis then a special package fee can be considered.